Long Drive Dog and Cat Hospital was founded by Dr. Leon Slatko in the 1950's. It was one of the first Veterinary Clinic's in Houston, Texas. In the 1970's it had grown to a 3 Doctor practice. Dr. Slatko owned Long Drive until July of 1996 when he sold it to Dr. John Shelby. When Dr. Slatko retired the Clinic as a 1 and 1/2 Doctor practice. Over the years the Clinic has grown into a 6 Doctor practice.
In 2010, Long Drive completed their brand new 5400 square foot facility. It was a large improvement upon their previous 1200 square foot facility. The new facility had a enlarged surgery suite, expanded dental area, and a dedicated xray room with digital developer. They also enlarged their in- house laboratory with some improved Idexx laboratory equipment.
The office is usually a very busy fast paced enviroment. We try to keep our Clients satisfied with fast efficient service at a fair price. We have extended hours during the week and are open later than most clinics on Saturdays. We do use a Emergency clinic for after hours issues. All vaccinations and sick animal visits are first come first serve. We perform all surgeries and anesthetic procedures by appointment only.